Monday, February 28, 2011

Two Steps Back

Oct 7, 2010

Current mood:irritated

I drove 600 miles to Chattanooga.  I was finally going to work for the evil company known as Covenant Transportation.  When I got there things went a little better than they had the last time I went there.  First, there weren’t near as many people as there were last time.  The atmosphere was a little more relaxed.  That may have been due to the fact that I had done all this before.  I was very lucky in that, my roommate was much more sane than the last one I had.  In fact, he was downright kind and nice.  It surprised me since most truckers bitch and complain nonstop. 
 
On Monday I went to orientation.  That’s when my luck ran out.  I was medically disqualified from my job due to a medication I take.  I was thinking, “Where’s the “American’s With Disabilities Act” when you need it?  How can they say my medication is not D.O.T. approved when I ask for the D.O.T. approved medication list, and they say and I quote, “There’s not a list, per se.”  Really? 
 
It’s not the D.O.T. that has a problem, its Covenant’s insurance company that does.  So I will have to see my doctor, and get my medications sorted out.  Until then, I am back at home working on my wood projects.  

The only thing I could think of when I was being told all this was the quote from the movie “Friday.”  They kept asking Ice Cube’s character, “How can you get fired from a job on your day off?”  Well, I was thinking, “How can I get fired from a job I don’t even have?"

No comments:

Post a Comment