Monday, February 28, 2011

New Suit

Jun 10, 2010

A couple of months ago I got a new suit for court.  Something stylish, yet conservative.  It’s black with very tiny pinstripes.  The jacket part is a three button coat.  I like three button coats as they button up high, and have a very British look to them.  This one is very thin which is good for Florida weather.  There’s no need to wear a heavy wool suit in Florida.  Even if they are nice and expensive.
A couple of years ago my Dad wanted to get a suit.  He is color blind so I helped pick one out for him.  It was a blue pinstriped Pierre Cardin suit.  Extremely nice, and perfect for him.  He told me one thing I’ve never forgotten.  He needed a suit because as he was getting older, he would be going to more funerals than weddings or special events.  It would be nice to have a formal suit, but he needed a conservative one for funerals. 
So far I have worn my new suit to court.  No other jurors were wearing them which was disappointing.  It used to be back in the day, you wore a suit to show respect to the court.  While at the downtown court building, I saw defendants wearing street clothes, and thought, “Why would you wear that to court?” 
So my next time wearing this suit will be for a double funeral.  I don’t want to get into the details, but I think back on what my Dad said.  As you get older you will wear your suit to more funerals than weddings or special events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment