Monday, February 28, 2011

Everyone Hates My Hat

Jun 6, 2010

It’s true.  Everyone hates my hat.  It’s the kind of hat that golfers, boaters, and newspapers boys wear.  I wanted something that I could wear with my long sleeve shirts without being a cowboy hat or a baseball cap.  I wanted something that said, “I am independent.  I am a free thinker.  I am someone who has great ideas.”  But it hasn’t gone over well.
My Mom hates it.  My Dad thinks I am pulling some sort of prank.  My girlfriend Roxy (not her real name) thinks I look like the Sea Captain on the bottle of seafood spices that I got her.  My sister hasn’t said a word to me about it.  I’m just giving that a bit of time.  I’m sure she will let her feelings be known soon.
I just wanted to be this guy.  This guy who does… stuff.  I wanted to be a man who can wear a hat proudly, and know in my heart of hearts, that I can do stuff.  I never wanted this to come between me and everyone.  I just wanted something on my head.  Something just to hold my hair down.  I want everyone to know that I am still me.  I just have something on my head, and it’s ok.  I want everyone to know that I still love and care about you all.  Even if you all hate my hat.

Angela Flowers I do not care who knows this, but I am completely in love with your hat.  There.  I said it.


No comments:

Post a Comment