Monday, February 28, 2011

I Ain't No Nice Guy After All

May 20, 2010

All the way back in 1992 Ozzy Osbourne and Lemmy (from Motorhead) wrote "I ain't no nice guy."  I identified with the song back then.  But now, I find myself thinking about it again.

When I was young I was the nicest guy I knew
I thought I was the chosen one
But time went by and I found out a thing or two
My shine wore off as time wore on


When I was young, I was really well liked.  My fellow students, my teachers, parents, my almost girlfriend's parents, little old ladies, they all liked me.  I had an interesting view of life, and was talented.

But as I have gotten older my talent doesn't really seem to matter.  Nobody cares about my views.  In fact, my good nature doesn't really translate well to other people.  I am just another person on this earth, and nobody wants to hear my opinion, or interesting views.

I thought that I was living out the perfect life
But in the lonely hours when the truth begins to bite
I thought about the times when I turned my back & stalled
I ain't no nice guy afterall.
It's strange.  Just a few years ago, I was a not a very good person.  I changed a lot of things about me, and thought I was a pretty good guy. 


When I was young I was the only game in town
I thought I had it down for sure,
But time went by and I was lost in what I found
The reasons blurred, the way unsure
I thought that I was living life the only way
But as I saw that life was more than day to day
I turned around, I read the writing on the wall
I aint no nice guy afterall
But as I look back over the last year I have to look at what has happened.  A group I was in kicked me out.  Some members wanted me out before the incident that utimately put me out.  Roxy's parents hate me.  Again, I think they would hate anyone, but still.  Most of her friends hate me.  Her co-workers hate me, but they're a very angry bunch, so I take that with a grain of salt.
In all the years you spend between your birth and death
You find there's lots of times you should have saved your breath
It comes as quite a shock when that trip leads to fall
I ain't no nice guy afterall

No comments:

Post a Comment