Monday, February 28, 2011

Harry Potter Death Metal

Dec 26, 2009

I was supposed to watch the documentary "We Are Wizards" today.  The DVD disk I got from Netflix was screwed up so I didn't get to watch it.  But what it's about it kind of neat.  It's about Harry Potter rock bands.  I actually got to see one band in concert called Harry and the Potters.  The band Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin opened up for them.  No kidding.  I even tried hitting on the keyboard player from SSLYBY.  She acted like no one had ever hit on her before.  My game wasn't that bad.

But back to the point.  I thought, I could have a Harry Potter band.  The difference?  Mine would be a death metal band, instead of pop/punk.  I thought about naming it "Narcissa's Cunt."  Narcissa is Draco Malfoy's mother.  And she is a cunt.  But then I thought about something that is hardcore in the Harry Potter world.  The name of the band should be called "Azkaban."  That is brutal and hardcore.

I have a few songs in my head now.  Instead of "Flight of the Bumblebee," I would have "Flight of the Hippogriff."  "Spectra sempra" and "Eater of Death."  It would definately be a Slayer and Death (the band) type sound. 

Of course, people will ask, "Is there a market for such a thing?"  Well, was there a market until Harry and the Potters created one?  I understand that the young kids who listen to wizard rock like a more pop/ rock sound.  They may not be too keen on death metal.  Well, their tastes have to evolve sometime, and wizard rock may be the way to do it.

Another question I might be asked is, "So are you all going to dress in all black, get death eater tattoos, and play Jackson guitars?"  Well, I am up for the all black thing.  I don't have any tattoos, and don't plan on getting one.  I would play Dean and B.C. Rich guitars.

So that's my plan so far.  Love it or hate it, please leave a message.  Myspace says I'm getting between 20 and 35 hits a day on my blog.  However, I don't believe it for a second.  I don't even know anyone who is on myspace anymore.  Only my girlfriend Roxy (not her real name) is on here, and the only reason she is on here, is because I'm on here.


Angela Flowers Favorite song:  "Ron Got A Howler".  I heart harry and the potters

No comments:

Post a Comment