Monday, February 28, 2011

The Worst Day

Dec 21, 2009

Current mood:cynical

It rolls around every year.  The worst day.  December 21st.  So everyone asks, "This close to Christmas how can it be bad?"  My Pagan friends ask, "But the 21st is the Winter Solstice, how can it be bad?"

Well, back in 1994 my friend Chris died on this day.  He died too young, in a very bad way, and it crushed so many people.  I have never had so heavy a heart.  For a long time, I didn't really like Christmas because of what happened. 

People also ask me why I hate Kelly Ring, the anchor from Channel 13.  Well, back in 94' she was a field reporter, and was on site where Chris had died.  I remember her asking to be able to come on the property.  She wanted to do the report right at the spot where Chris died.  I have been told by people that Kelly Ring is a very nice person, and it was probably her boss that asked her to do the report from the spot where Chris died.

That was the roughest funeral I have ever been to in my life.  I thought my internal organs would explode from the pressure I felt building up inside me.  I have never passed out in my life, but I came close that day.  I had to grab ahold of Dad to keep from falling over.

Dad also warned me that people would act strange, and say strange things to me.  He warned me so I wouldn't take offense, and deck someone.  In fact, I did have one woman sit next to me, whom I did not know, say all sorts of "inspirational" things to me.  I had no idea who the hell this woman was, and she was .... I don't know.  Was she trying to preach to me?  Maybe she was trying to cheer me up... at a funeral?  Maybe she thought she was a source of insperation?  I don't know.  All's I do know is that, she was rather annoying, and I'm glad that Dad warned me ahead of time.

I don't know if every year gets easier, or if I just get more cynical each year.  All's I know is that this day, December 21st, is the worst day.




No comments:

Post a Comment