Monday, February 28, 2011

Is Myspace Padding My Stats?

Nov 30, 2009

Current mood:curious

Something is up with Myspace.  Generally, I get about 10 profile views a week, and 3-10 blog views a week.  Now, I am getting 20 profile views, and 20 blog views A DAY!!!

Something is not right.  The other weird fact, is that, since I have been busy I haven't been updating my page that much.  Why am I getting so many hits?  I don't know that many people on myspace, and those that I do know prefer using facebook. 

I think that Myspace is padding my stats so it looks like there is lots of activity.  This makes sense to me since lots of people have left Myspace, and activity is down.

One reason I believe this is that, when I check on my page in the morning, I always have 20 views of my blog.  Every single day.  Then I will have one or two more hits over the day.  So it sounds like Myspace starts me out with 20 hits, and then I get my normal one or two hits a day after that. 

It's something to think about.  Anyone who reads this can feel free to give me kudos, so I can see if real humans are reading this, or if Myspace is indeed padding my stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment