Monday, February 28, 2011

Avon Calling

Dec 25, 2010

So, a couple of weeks ago I was taking a huge load of Avon products to Los Angeles.  When I say huge I mean 42,000 pounds worth of Avon products.  It was then I thought of a great joke.  I pulled the truck up to the guard shack, and out came a very nice looking Spanish gal.  I turned off the truck, and got out of the cab.  I hand her my Bill of Laden and say to her, “Avon calling!”  She just looked at me like, “What?”  I said again, “Avon calling!”  She didn’t get it.  Just to let everyone know even though she was Spanish, she spoke English just fine. 
 
It was a great joke.  Everyone I told it too thought it was hilarious, except the guard.  I don’t know what the problem was.  I asked her if she got that all the time, and she said, “No, never.”  I wish I knew what was up.  Maybe people in Los Angeles don’t have a sense of humor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment