Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sabotage! With Fish!

Jul 7, 2009

So I came home with some speckled trout yesterday.  I hadn't filleted any fish in a while, but I did pretty well.  But after that, I had a strange problem.  What to do with all these fish heads?  I could put them in the trash like a normal person, but we all know that I am not normal.

What's a guy to do?  Well, I came up with an answer.  My evil sister has a compost pile.  I know that it's only for plant matter, no meat or processed foods.  That's to keep unwanted critters away.  However the Native American Indians used to put fish under the corn to make it grow.  So I figured that would work right. 

Ok, I didn't actually do it.  I put the fish in the garbage, but I told Dad in front of my evil sister that I put the fish in her compost pile.  You know, to get a rise out of her.  You know what?  It worked.  She started going off on, "Why won't he put lettuce in the pile, but will sabotage it by putting fish in it?"  She then went on and on, and it was damned funny.

I did my best not to laugh out loud.  I managed to keep it together until she went outside.  I can't wait until she goes out to her compost pile, and looks for the fish, and can't find it.  Oh pranks, where would I be without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment