Sunday, February 27, 2011

Two and a Half Years in the Making

Sept 8, 2009

After two and a half years, I have finally completed the electric cello project.  I would like to thank me, and a lot of now dead trees. 

I should also thank my father for bringing back all that black walnut and cherry hardwoods.  Now that I think about it, he also got the maple and poplar for me as well.  Now that I think about it even harder, he hand-turned the microphone holder on his wood-turning lathe for the project. 

I would like to thank my Girlfriend Roxy (not her real name) for helping me with the shelac.  I am terrible with finishing and painting, and she is great at both.  The finish looks as good as it does because of her. 

I would like to thank all the luthiers that I have learned from.  Dave Pennington, all the guys on DIY channel, and Robert Bennedetto (via his DVD's.)  There were also a number of guys at Dean Guitars that I learned new things from.  I would like to thank them. 

My thanks wouldn't be complete without thanking my Mother for so many reasons.  Let's see.  1.  Taking up her table.  2.  Help in placing my pickup.  3.  Supporting me in my orchestra habit. 

I want to thank Stewart McDonald for all the tools.  Even though they are overpriced, and there is nowhere else to buy guitar tools.  I should also thank Home Depot where I bought the rest of my tools. 

It's hard to believe that this project took so long.  There was a couple of times where I went months without working on it.  Namely when I went on the road trucking.  But I feel like all this time put into it has been worth it.  There's nothing quite like it on the market.

I am very happy with the way she plays.  Now that I think about it, I need to name my cello.  But anyway, it's taken a lot of work, but I am happy with the way she turned out.

Thanks again to all those who have supported me.  If I forgot a name, I'm sorry, thanks to all I might have missed.  Enjoy the music.

Sincerely,

Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment