Monday, February 28, 2011

New Phone

Feb 8, 2010

I have used the same cell phone for a couple of years.  However, before that, it was my Mom's, then Dad's phone before that.  Get this, the phone itself is over 12 years old.  Pretty much an antique as far as cell phones go.  The only reason I got a new phone was that on the old phone, the connectors finally stopped working.  I would have keep using that same phone for another 12 years if it didn't finally stop working. 

So I went to the AT&T store.  The guy there was really, really nice.  I told him I just needed a phone to talk, and nothing else.  I got a pretty inexpensive phone, but oh my God, the options on it.  I'm going to have to break out the instruction manual to figure out how it works.  It's so over the top with all the things it can do.  I don't even know where to start.

I didn't need a camera on it, but they all come with cameras.  Why?  I just wanted a flippy phone so I could look smug like Captain Kirk.  I said Blue Tooth would be nice so I could drive a semi-truck and talk at the same time.  Note:  It's tough to drive, shift, and hold a phone at the same time. 

Really, this reminds me of the crazy VCR that I inherited.  It can do anything, including my laundry.  This is of course, if you can figure out how to program it.  Right now, I can't even set the time on it.  So, I will break out the phone instruction manual, and spend the next few days trying to figure it out.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment