Sunday, February 27, 2011

I Keep Having The Strangest Dreams

Apr. 2, 2009

There is something that I don't share with many people.  Namely, because it might be hard for some people to believe.  The truth is, I've never really had good dreams.  I've always had nightmares, and disturbing type dreams.  Over the years I've learned to deal with it.  However it does present some problems.  Namely, and this is something all my family knows, is not to touch me when I'm sleeping.  Like a well trained marine I will come fists swinging out of my sleep.  Even my girlfriend Roxy (not her real name) learned this lesson.  She has a very bad habit of coming up and trying to gentley wake me up.  One time I grabbed her wrist pretty hard when she tried to wake me.  Luckly, that's all I did.  In all fairness I told her many times before not to do that to me. 

However, lately I have been having some dreams that are very different from my norm.  The first kind is me being drunk.  The odd thing is.... I don't drink.  I can say I have only been drunk once in my life.  Some people wouldn't even consider the one time I was drunk, a good kind of drunk.  It was mearly below average on the scale.  In my dreams I have knock down, drag out drunk.  Truthfully, I have never been that kind of drunk in my life.  So my question to myself is, why am I dreaming this. 

The other type of dream I've been having is a fun type.  It's not just fun, it's exhilarating.  I've had three dreams where I have been riding a motorcycle.  Which is funny because I can't even ride a bicycle that well.  However, in two of the dreams I was riding ultra-cool motorcycles.  The first one was a chopper that's simular to the ones built by O.C.C.  It was big, loud, and ruled the road.  In reality, there's no way I could ever afford a bike like this one.  I remember being on the road with this bike, and it was the greatest feeling ever.  This was one huge bike, and rode so smoothly, not like a real motorcycle. 
The second bike I rode was like an old school chopper.  It was black with red stripes, and had a vintage look to it.  It was dirty and dusty, but boy was it awesome.  It just screamed rock n' roll.  It had big tires, and a good amount of chrome.  It looked cool, but still, it looked like it was affordable.  I could see myself owning this bike.

In view of my usual dreams, these weren't too bad.  I should probably talk to someone about it.  But then again, sometimes a drink is just a drink, and a motorcycle is just a motorcycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment