1. A comfy chair. That's right. I don't have access to a nice recliner. It's amazing how uncomfortable life can be without a comfy chair.
2. All my guitars. I do carry an acoustic guitar with me, but sometimes I just want to go electric.
3. Internet access. I am used to checking my e-mail a couple of times a day. On average I get to check my e-mail every 10 days.
4. Regular news. I do listen to CNN on Sirius radio, but it's only national news. I don't get Florida or local news.
5. Seeing my fish. A lot of people are close to their dogs or cats. I'm close to my fish. I am very good at keeping my tank clean, so I miss cleaning and decorating it.
6. Cooking food. I am a pretty good cook. I like my cooking almost too much. I also miss my special recipes and spices.
7. Going to the bathroom whenever I want. You can't just pull a 73 foot combination vehicle over anywhere. Just to avoid having to pee for a while, while driving I have to limit my liquid/ water intake.
8. Having room to move around. The cab of a Freightliner is roomy compared to a lot of other vehicles. However, that's like saying your prison cell is kinda roomy.
9. Talking/ e-mailing to all my friends. I have always sent out a ton of e-mail, but now I can't.
10. Getting to see lots of different movies on my Netflix account.
11. Seeing all my favorite TV shows. I'll admit, I have a lot of shows that I watch, but now I can't see any of them since I'm out on the road. Sometimes, I will be able to catch an episode here or there, but I miss most of my favorite shows.
12. Working on all my woodworking projects. It's one of my hobbies to do all sorts of woodworking projects. I haven't gotten to work on any of my projects in almost half a year.
13. Having access to my any and all of my stuff. I can't carry too many things in my truck. There's just not enough room. So there are times that I would like to have (fill in the blank), but I'm 2000 miles away.
14. Living in decent weather. The next time someone in Florida says it's cold, I will punch them in the nose. I just came from Omaha, Nebraska where it was so cold the landing gear on my trailer froze. Snow looks nice in a postcard, but you wouldn't want to live in it.
15. Watching football on Sundays. I do get to hear the NFL games on Sirius, but I miss getting to yell at the TV.
16. Ice Tea. I make a great pot of ice tea from a select blend of teas. Wait, it is ice tea or iced tea? I cant never remember.
17. Being able to drive a nice small vehicle that can fit anywhere. Also driving an automatic. It's great to drive an automatic after driving a 10 speed.
18. Sleeping on a normal scheduale. Frankly, in my time off, I am all messed up. I have been driving the night shift for the last two weeks, and I just can't seem to get on a normal daytime scheduale.
19. Working on a normal scheduale. There is a lot to be said for knowing when you have to go to work, and when you get to take time off.
20. Being able to play video games. I haven't played a game in roughly half a year or so. I really like RPG's in that, it's like playing a science fiction book.
So that's my short list. I'm sure I'm forgeting something. Life on the road can be tough, but I'm happy that I have job in these tough times. In fact, even though most truckers complain about the money, I am ok with what I get paid. Even with my education level, I can't find another job that will pay as much as I make right now.