Sunday, February 27, 2011

Roxy Don't Rock?

Jul 17, 2009

So a few weeks ago I was showing my Girlfriend Roxy (not her real name) how she can rock out on her guitar.  I got her a hybrid resonator that has an electric pickup, and an under the saddle pickup.  I replaced the electric mini-bucker with a Schaller Golden 50 PAF type pickup.  Since she doesn’t own an amp I wanted to show her what her guitar can do. 
 
I plugged in my Genz-Benz El Diablo amp head, and ran it through a pair of Warehouse Guitar Speakers Veteran 30’s.  I didn’t crank it, but I put the volume where a lot of young urban disadvantaged youth have their music.  I start wail’in away on her guitar to show her what it’s capable of.  I then turn to ask her what she thought, and she was gone.  Where did she go?
 
I turn off my amp, and go searching for her.  I find her underneath my covers with pillows on both sides of her head.  I ask her what she’s doing sleeping when I’m trying to show her how to rock?  She then tells me I gave her a migraine with my extreme rocking.  I felt bad, but truthfully I didn’t actually have it that loud.  The other funny thing was that I had the power cut from 100 to 50 watts.  The Genz-Benz has a switch on the back that lets you do that.  The other funny thing was that I only had the master volume on 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment