Saturday, February 26, 2011

Destruction for Pinky Fingers

May 1, 2008

Current mood:distressed

Whenever you do something stupid, your first thought is always, "I can't believe I did something that stupid."  I was out in the workshop working on the electric cello when my stupidity struck.  I was sanding a very small piece of African Blackwood when I caught my pinky finger in the gears of my belt sander.

My second thought after the stupidity one was, "Oh $%&*, I just broke my left pinky finger.  There goes guitar playing for 3-6 weeks.  That's when the screaming started.  That, and the blood loss.  After calming down after a 30 second tyraid I found that I could move the finger, but I was missing skin all around it.

It's a virtual 360 degree wound.  In other words, the brusing and cuts are on all sides of my pinky.  It's all up and down it.  I'm not sure how long it will be before I get back out to the workshop.  I'm not even sure how long it will be until I get back to guitar playing. 

Sometimes I think, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment