Saturday, February 26, 2011

Destruction for ...... Not Much

May 20, 2008

Current mood:happy

It's been really quiet lately.  I had been waiting for paperwork for six weeks, and finally got it yesterday.  Now it's just filing paperwork, and waiting for more paperwork.  Well, at least the ball is rolling. 
I'm going to be going to school for the third time in my life (post high school.)  First I went to college (HCC and USF).  Then I went to Luthier's school for guitar repair.  Now, I am trying to get into truck driving school for driving the big rigs across the country.

While the U.S. is in an economic crisis, and jobs are disappearing, the trucking industry actually has a shortage of drivers.  As the older drivers retire, the shortage is actually going to get worse over the next 4 years.  It seems when you apply for any job nowadays, there are 200 people applying for one spot.  At least the trucking people are saying, "come one, come all."  They have the spots open.

I've been continuing my work on my electric cello.  So far the last few times I have worked on it, I have somehow managed NOT to hurt myself.  It has all gone pretty smoothly.  I am getting to a point where I can start to see the end.  Although, I am still trying to figure out the electronics.  There aren't any electronics on the market for any electric cello.  So it seems that I will rewire some acoustic guitar electronics, and see how it works.

On another subject, the Quagan (Quaker/ Pagan) group I belong to unwent a growth spurt.  It went from 9 members to 15 members.  I was all in favor of it, because I believe a group has to either grow or die.  I think it will be different having that many members.  A lot of covens/ groves/ circles usually don't have over 13 members, and I understand why.  There are so many voices, it can be tough for an individual to get there opinion heard with so much going on.  However, everyone seems to be a pretty good with each other, and I think communication will be just fine within the group. 

If anything blows up, or I hurt myself, or if there's any destruction in general, I'll be sure to update my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment