Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cause Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Jan. 1, 2008

Current mood:irritated

So I got some bad news the other day.  Just a few hours before I was to leave for Chattanooga I give my co-driver Wilberto a call.  I ask him what time should I pick him up.  He then procedes to tell me he has found a new partner.  Honestly, this came completely out of the blue.  But I told him I respected his wishes, and would give him a ride up there.  However, he could have called me before we were aiming to leave.

My guess is that he wanted someone more Latino than me.  He said that it was because with my temper, and his temper he thought that evenutally we would get into a major fight.  My personal belief is that, he didn't like the fact that he couldn't boss me around.  A lot of the time he would come up with some strange idea out of left field.  I'd tell him what I thought of it, and give a better solution, and then we would argue.  He'd then think of it for a few minutes, and decide that I was right afterall.  This happened more than a few times.  Lately, I would point upwards, and ask him what I was pointing to.  I was pointing to the make-believe sign that said, "Adrian was right, yet again."  I ended up pointing to that sign a lot. 

Frankly, I don't get it.  We got a lot of miles together.  We only live about 10 miles apart.  The first month together was a little rough, but the last two months were pretty good.  I even bought his kids Christmas presents.  That's true.  I went over to his apartment, and played Adrian Claus.

Now that I'm talking about money, I'll leave it all on the table.  When I would drive up or back, Wilberto never paid a red cent for gas.  When we needed straps for the trailer, I paid the $65.00 for them.  When California wouldn't let us in the state without chains I paid the $386.00 for them.  Whenever a weigh scale ticket needed to be paid for, I paid for it.  (But I did get reimburst for it from the company.)  But he never had the money to pay for it at all.  When he needed to borrow $20.00 I always had the money to lend him.  Now, he always paid it back, but every week it seemed as if he needed money to borrow.  I'm not saying this to make him out to be a bad guy, or me to be a good guy.  I just wonder if his new partner will have money to lend him?  Will this new, more Latino partner have chains or straps?  Will he have an inverter, TV, GPS, or Sirius satellite radio?  How is his work ethic?  Will he want to take time off at the same time? 
What really made me mad is that I had to delay going to Chattanooga for a few days.  I had to wait for his partner to get there.  So today I call to see what time I should pick him up tonight.  However, he says that his partner and truck are in Orlando, and his stuff is in our truck at Chattanooga.  So we're delayed again, and he didn't tell me, yet again.  Actually, since everyone in Chattanooga is off due to New Years I may not go up there until Monday.  So, I'm sure my bosses and dispatcher are pissed at me, even though Wilberto is screwing me up. 

So now comes the question, what happens next?  Well, I will go to the team meeting room everyday at 3 PM to find a new partner.  I don't have a clue as to who I may find.  It may be good, it may be bad. 
Well at least in this divorce I get the truck.  Oh, and I get pretty much everything in it since it's all mine.  I mean, I did pay for all the stuff.  I have reciepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment