Monday, April 1, 2019

A Sunflower Grows in Lutz

Recently I have posted quite a number of blog posts about my birdhouses.  Having birdhouses and bird feeders brings quite a large number of birds around the house.  Yesterday I discovered one of the weird side effects of having birds hanging around.

The bird feeder has the usual kinds of wild bird seed in it.  But the ones the birds and squirrels love the most is the sunflower seed.  In a "Damn nature!  You scary!" kind of way something pretty funny happened.  It seems one of the birds dropped a sunflower seed in the rain gutter.  Well, if a tree can grow in Brooklyn, then a sunflower can grow in my rain gutter.

And even though I am posting this on April 1st, I assure you this is not an April Fool's Day joke.


Here's a wide shot of the sunflower.


I actually noticed it when I was looking at the roof.  The reason I was looking at the roof is because all the pollen has piled up there.  I knew I was eventually going to have to go up there with the blower, and clear everything off the roof and clean the gutters.

I do need to clean the gutters, but I'm really having a hard time determining how clean I want it.  I don't want to get rid of the sunflower, but I really need that gutter clear.  We do get a lot of rain here in Florida, and it pays to keep the gutters clear.  I've got time to decide what to do.  After all, it's raining out there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment