Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Pills

I have really been digging this Americana and Alt/Country sound that has been coming up this last decade.  What I'm really glad to see is so many female artists being given the chance to be heard.  One such artist who I really dig is Sunny Sweeney.  Her album, "Trophy" is great.  It's all killer, no filler.



The standout track on the album is a song called, "Pills."  It was played on both our local station 88.5 WMNF and Sirius XM's Outlaw Country.  



Another great artist I follow is Sarah Borges and the Broken Singles.  I just bought her new album, "Love's Middle Name."  



As I was looking over her new album I noticed track number five.  "Are You Still Taking Those Pills?"  I thought, "It couldn't be the same song, could it?  Not so close to Sunny Sweeney's release?"  So I popped the CD in (yes, I still buy CD's,) and what do you know?  It was the same song, just performed in a different style.



So I started looking over the info on the CD.  It gave writing credits for the song to, "Brennen Leigh and Noel McKay."  So I had to look them up on YouTube.  And guess what I found?


It seems this little song has been getting around these last few years.  I suspect that it is going to be rerecorded a few more times.  It has "hit" written all over it.  I really hope someone can break through with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment