I have made quite a bit of progress so far. More so than I would have thought. So I will write about my progress along with the pictures I have taken.
First up is the three piece neck. You really waste a lot of wood cutting a neck out this way, but it's insanely strong, and will last forever.
That's all I can do on the neck for the time being. I have to route a line down it for the truss rod next.
Next, I thought I would take a picture of the cut out neck and body. The next step on the body is to route out places on it. That's why it's only half cut out.
The next step was to start gluing the top together. I was going to use this awesome piece of bookmatched rosewood. However, after searching for a week, I couldn't find it. So I gave up and decided to use this awesome piece of maple I've had for a few years.
So it glued up nicely. Here's what it looked like when I cut it out.
Here are the top and bottom of the body pictured together.
Here is the black walnut with some water on it to make the grain "pop."
With wood, you sometimes don't know what you have until you cut and sand it out. I think I lucked out with these pieces.
Next up was cutting out the control cavities. I'm 90% there. I honestly, just need more sandpaper for my spindal sander.
So next up I will doing more routing on the body. And once I get some sandpaper I will be enlarging the holes to where they should be.