Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Little Blue Wagon

You can't play with my little red wagon
The wheel's broken and the axel's draggin.....

Well, my wagon isn't red.  It's blue.  But the wheel blew out and the axel was definately dragging the ground.  But let me start at the begining.

My sister and I came up to West Virginia first.  My parent's followed up a week later.  My Dad towed our blue wagon/ trailer/ wood hauler behind the truck.  He drove 900 miles to get to Grandma's house, and only 20 miles from the house trouble happened.  Or rather, blew up.

A bolt snapped which let the springs bend, which in turn bent the tire.  The tire then touched the wheel cover, which acted like a knife as the tire touched it.  It pretty much cut the tire in half.  Dad ended up getting it to where it would work until he could make to Grandma's house.

Luckily, my Uncle Wallace and Lek helped to get the trailer repaired today.  So far, my Dad has put enough money in this trailer to make himself mad.  He said for that amount of money he's put into it, he could have bought a decent trailer.

But again, my relatives did a great job repairing it.  It should be able to hold that maple tree we will be cutting down tomorrow.  Here's a picture of it.



Oh, and here's some West Virginia humor.  My Uncle Lek saw the trailer, and asked my Dad, "Why didn't you paint it blue?"  I didn't get the joke.  It's that it really is that blue, it more than stands out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment