Saturday, August 10, 2019

Philmont 2019: Day 78, The Horse

Back on June 21st I took the best photo I will have taken out here.  I was taking photos of a lone horse in a field.  I was busy zooming my camera in and out taking photos of the horse.  There was one photo that I took quickly not thinking about whether it was good or not.  I was just snapping one photo after another.

When I went back to look at my photos this particular picture stood out.  After looking at it I remembered taking it.  But it was just a quick snap that I didn't really think about at the time.  This is the photo.


Not long ago I had that photo printed out at Wal-Mart.  I inserted it in a frame I bought at the thrift shop, and have hung it up on my office wall.  Here's a photo of it hanging on my wall.


A little while ago I learned a story about that horse.  It was only a few days after this photo was taken the Wranglers tried to load him into a trailer.  He fell over, and couldn't get back up.  They ended up shooting him in the head causing his death.

The horse's name was Tito.

I keep this photo around to remind me of certain things.  The 21st of June was a great day.  It was a perfect day for myself and Tito.  He was hanging around a nice open field with more grass than he could possibly eat.  He mostly hung near this medium sized tree.

The evening was cool, dry, with a nice breeze coming from the West.  That day was a great day for Tito.  But a few days later Tito was dead from a bullet to the brain.  This taught me a few things.

A bathroom cleaner like myself may do a great job one day.  Everything might end up going smoothly.  But life resets the next day.  The next day you might run into a buzz saw.  Or, in this case, a .38.  Don't get comfortable with things being wonderful.  They can come crashing down the next day.

Life is fleeting and so is success.  Don't take it for granted.  As for Tito, I hated to hear of his passing.  Sometimes life just ain't that fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment