Thursday, August 22, 2019

Philmont 2019: Day 90, This is the End

This is it.  Today was my last working day at Philmont.  It's hard to believe that I made it.  I know of two times they had to talk me off the ledge.  I've done the best I could with what I had.

Honestly, right now I don't know what to think.  I've gotten into a routine, and now it comes to a halt.  It's kind of bittersweet right now.  For the first time in a long time I have so many emotions, yet I don't know how to express them.

I've gotten most of my things packed.  I wanted to load up my truck, but it's been raining since two o'clock this afternoon.  It's now completely dark out, so it looks like I am going to have to wait for the weather to clear up in the morning before I start loading up the truck and tying my things down.

I'll say this.  The Philmont General Manager, Roger Hoyt, personally came up to me, and thanked me for what I had done.  He said he knew it wasn't easy for me, and he appreciated all that I had gotten accomplished.  I told him that meant the world to me.  And it did.  I'll admit, I'm the kind of person who will go far for compliments.

Again, I have so much to say, but just don't know how to say it.  So I will leave you with this.  This mural is located in the Philmont Training Center Dining Hall.





Why'd the artist have to paint the buffalo's dick?

No comments:

Post a Comment