Sunday, November 18, 2018

My Original "Kids In The Hall" Skit

A few weeks ago I was out hunting.  And by "out hunting" I mean, contemplating in my tree stand.  While I was up in a tree, I thought of a funny skit.  It occurred to me that it would be perfect for the former Comedy Central show, "The Kids In The Hall."


For those who don't know anything about the show, it was very quirky, Canadian humor.  The skits never took themselves too seriously.  I loved every episode I ever saw.

Here's the IMDB page for the show:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096626/?ref_=nv_sr_1

So here's what I thought up.

Man 1, who is picking up his kid from school, is approached by Man 2.

Man 2:  "Hey!  Your kid told my boy that you could beat me up."

Man 1:  "Well, you know how kids are.  They're always telling each other that their Daddy can beat up other kid's Dads."

Man 2:  "Well, I think it's time to put up or shut up."

Man 1:  (To his son)  "Timmy, you know you can't put Daddy in this position.  Now Daddy is going to have to do something he doesn't really want to do."

That when Man 1 completely sucker punches Man 2 in the stomach.  They start fighting like they are possessed.  I mean, totally over the top.  Also, "The Kids in the Hall" were always known for their use of hilarious fake blood.  And that's the thing.  It looks really fake.

So during the fight the two dads are fighting hockey style since they are Canadian.


We're talking grabbing each other by the shirt/sweater/jersey and throwing haymakers.  During the fight a few teeth get knocked out, and spit towards the camera.  While fighting they are yelling at each other about, "Not letting their kids down."  Things such as, "My kid said I could beat you up, and by golly, I'm going to beat you up."  That's the kind of dialogue "Kids in the Hall" was known for.

Finally, Man 1 has Man 2 on the ground, and he's just throwing punches like, "The Narrator" was doing to Jared Leto in "Fight Club."


That's when Man 2 finally taps out.  Man 1 wearily gets off him and aims to walk away when he hears someone say something to him.

Man 3.  "Hey!  Your kid told my kid that you could beat me up."

Man 1.  (Turns to his son)  Just remember the things that Daddy does for you.  Then he dives right into Man 3 like a madman, and the screen goes blank.

So that's my "Kids in the Hall" sketch.  It may not be right for modern day "SNL" or "The Whitest Kids You Know," but I think it's perfect for early 90's "Kids in the Hall."  I hope it gave you a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment