Tuesday, October 9, 2018

The Ghost at Grandma's House

I was told there was a ghost that hangs upstairs at my Grandmother's home in West Virginia.  It made sense.  The house was built over 150 years ago.  By the rules of "Ghosthunters" it's old enough that it should have ghosts in it.  I mean, a house that old with no ghosts?  That would be odd.



But here's the problem.  I am empathic as a pancake.  My psychic skills also need work as well.  So it made ghost hunting a bit of a problem.  I guess I could yell out at the ghosts like they do on "Ghosthunters," but it's a bit of a small house.  I think I would just end up annoying everyone.

So at night I would head upstairs to go to sleep.  As I would drift off I thought I could hear a ghost... sneeze?  That's right.  I heard the ghost make a quiet noise kind of like a sneeze.  It was then I could actually smell the ghost.  That's right.  I knew ghosts would leave ectoplasm, so I figured this was some sort of awful smelling ozone.

A week later at Grandma's house I was rearranging my things on the dresser.  I noticed something that wasn't a glass dish or a picture of Jesus.  It was small, and looked like a small computer speaker.  As I was looking at this strange object, it spit at me.  I have to say it startled me quite a bit.  I then noticed the smell coming from it.  It was the ghost smell!

I picked up the object, and looked it over.  That's when I realized it was this:

Yes, it seems my ghost was actually a Glade air freshener that has a built in timer.  The sneeze I was hearing was the unit spraying it's mist.  And of course the smell I was smelling was the fragrance of the mist.

So I still haven't seen any ghosts.  Maybe I'll have to resort to yelling at them?

No comments:

Post a Comment