Friday, June 15, 2018

Kids... The Great Overactors Of Our Time: An Easter Story

Back during the Easter holidays I was invited to a Easter/Spring Equinox/Ostara party.  It was like any other holiday celebration.  Everyone was invited.  There was lots of food.  And of course, there was an egg hunt for the kids.

 

Now I don't have kids so I haven't had to deal with any in a while.  But the kids there mostly, well, acted like kids.  It was just kind of the usual.  That is, until I spoke with one seven year old in particular.

I'm going to call him Steven.  I don't know why.  He just kind of looked like a Steven to me.  So he's talking to my friend Jeannie who is running the party.  He asks her when the egg hunt will be.  She says soon.

That's when I have to bust in with my Adrian sense of humor.  I say, "Well, we have to make sure the Spring Hare (Easter Bunny) has had a chance to poop all those eggs out.  You don't want to miss a few because you rushed him... er her?"



That's when Steven said something unbelievably  amazing to me.  It wasn't so much what he said but the way he said it.  I have to give him credit, his acting was right up there with William Shatner.



The next part I will write as if this was a novel.

Steven took a pull off his cigarette.  As he breathed out he spoke to me in a low voice.  "No man.  You just don't understand.  I know!  I know it's just a guy in a bunny outfit."  

I was so impressed with Steven that I had no reply.  He was simply amazing.  The sureness in his voice was unmatched.  Even though he was only seven, he knew that the Spring Hare was absolutely a guy in a bunny outfit.  Although he wasn't 100% right this time.  Namely because this time it was a woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment