Sunday, March 18, 2018

Make a Little Birdhouse In my ... Backyard? Part 3

I have more news about the little birdhouse in the backyard.  It might help if you know the backstory, so here's the links to my previous blogs about it.

Make a Little Birdhouse In my ... Backyard?

Make a Little Birdhouse In my ... Backyard? Part 2

At the end of my last story a pair of Carolina Chickadees had moved into the birdhouse I put up.  They were gathering materials for a nest.  In fact, it looked to be almost complete in the last blog post.  Well the good news, is that, eggs have been laid!



They laid six eggs, which according to the bird field guide, is the average.  The eggs look to be just a bit bigger than marbles.  I know the photo makes the birdhouse look huge, but it's not that big.  Here's a photo of the bird house.



So while the birdhouse may not be that big, having eggs laid is kind of a big deal.  At least it is in my book.  If you look at my first blog post, I installed the bird house all the way back in October.  So I'm glad that all my preplanning came to fruition.

To celebrate everyone wants to hear the song.  Okay, here's the song.  You know you already have it in your head.



No comments:

Post a Comment