Saturday, March 24, 2018

So A Turkey Walks Into My Neighbor's Yard...

The funny thing about living in Lutz, is that, it's on the edge of Tampa, but it's still a bit country.  I am surrounded by great wildlife.  Yesterday, the red tailed (or red shouldered) hawk flew by.  There are new baby birds in my birdhouse.  This morning three sandhill cranes flew over my head honking the entire time.  And yes, they honk like a goose, and are very loud doing so.

But as I was woodworking I looked into my neighbor Dale's yard.  There, right in his yard was a turkey.  I had my camera next to me because I was taking photos of my wood projects.  So I decided I would take a few photos of the turkey.  I figured I wouldn't be able to take too many photos before it got scared and flew off.  Boy was I wrong.  It just hung around eating stuff out of the flower beds. 

I managed to take a ton of photos.  Even after I discarded the out of focus or redundant pictures, I had thirty pretty good quality photos of the turkey.  I even managed to take two somewhat okay video clips.  I hadn't had a chance to test out how far my camera would shoot.  I have to say I was impressed with it.  The photos turned out great considering how far away I was taking them.

So enough talk.  Here's the thirty photos I took of the turkey in Dale's yard.































Normally I would add the two videos I took, but they are over the host limit.  I'll try to figure out how to edit the size down, and post them later.  Until then, I hope have enjoyed your turkey day.

No comments:

Post a Comment