Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Make a Little Birdhouse In my ... Backyard? Part 2

This is a continuation of a post I wrote four months ago.  Here's part 1:

http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2017/10/make-little-birdhouse-in-my-backyard.html

So I've had my birdhouse up for about four months now.  My plan back then was to make sure the birdhouse was up a few months before spring.  Spring, of course, being the time the birds will nest, and lay eggs.

My sister, who is the gardener, was the one to actually notice a pair of birds had moved in.  They were, in fact, a pair of Carolina Chickadees.  Here is a photo of the birdhouse I put up.


Here's a photo that my sister took of the inside of the nest.


And here are two video clips of the Carolina Chickadee screaming at my sister.



Apparently it didn't like her near it's new house.  So a screaming match ensued.  The chickadee may have won the screaming match part, but my sister still managed to take some great photos.

And here is a great photo my sister took of the Chickadee with nesting material in its beak.


So it seems like my plan worked.  I now have some tenets in my birdhouse, and they are busy nesting.  I'm glad I decided to take down the old, unused feeder, and put up the birdhouse.  So to celebrate, here's the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment