Friday, July 11, 2014

Gay Moth?

Lately, I have been working as a staffer.  Which is a nice way of saying that I do all the crap work.  It mostly comes down to garbage, lots of garbage.  I pick it up, I throw it in the compactor.  I also pick up the garbage that misses the compactor which is a heck of a bad job. 

Anyway, it was while working around a compactor when I had something strange come up to me.  Or more correctly, land on me.  I looked down on my leg, and there it was, a gay moth.  Don't believe me?  Take a look at this:


The stock photo I am using looks a little faded.  The actual one that landed on me was bright.  Let's say it was bright like a gay pride parade bright. 

This was so odd I had to look it up on Google.  It turns out it is a Rosy Maple Moth.  They like maple trees which is weird because maples don't tend to grow this far south.  So I thought it was something spectacular to actually see one, much less have one land on me.

Here's the Wiki page if you want to see more info on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dryocampa_rubicunda

No comments:

Post a Comment