Thursday, November 8, 2012

Worst Brother Ever

I'm sure every sister thinks their brother is the worst ever.  But I've been pretty bad to my sister.  Sometimes on accident, and sometimes on purpose.  Here's a vintage post that I wrote about pulling tricks on her.

http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2011/02/shenanigins.html

However, the one time I hurt her feelings the most was the one time it was completely accidental.  You see, it took me a while to get through college, but the funny thing is I actually did graduate.  So my sister was all set to get me the greatest graduation present that could ever be.  She was actually really proud of me graduating.

She was saying that she had a great present for me on my graduation day.  (At that point it was about two weeks away.)  So I told her, "Your present doesn't have to be the greatest.  I'm going to love it no matter what it is, as long as it's not something useless like cuff links."

She then got a graven look over her face and said, "You're going to hate it."  Which I replied, "No, I'm sure I'm going to love it.  However she was a bit sullen all day.

So when it came time to get my present, this is what I received from her.


In case you can't tell, those are high quality silver cuff links from Tiffany's.  They are shaped like little globes since I was a History graduate.  I gotta admit, I felt like a heel. 

But then I had to explain to her that I already had a set of cuff links.


And here's why I said they were useless.  I have never worn them.  They are still in the original box.  I have only worn one set of cuff links, and that was with my tux at homecoming in high school.  Modern men's shirts are made so that you don't need cuff links.  In fact, I think I only have two shirts at this moment that are made for cuff links.  One shirt I have never worn, and the other I just roll the sleeves up like I normally do.  But back then I didn't have one shirt that I could use cuff links with.

So to conclude this blog, I gotta say that yes, I have done some terrible things to my sister.  But I have never felt so bad about hurting her feelings as I did then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment