Wednesday, March 18, 2020

No One Laughed At My "Sad Keanu" Meme

I like to think I am a funny person.  But every comedian has a joke that falls flat.  I recently had that happen.  What upsets me is I really thought this was "the one."  It turned out to be, "the one that nobody thought was funny.

I was cooking dinner when a thought came to me.  Back when I played high school football we had the cheerleaders screaming behind us the whole game.  I never thought much about it.  But one thing stuck out because it's a saying that all, and I mean ALL, cheerleaders yell at each other.

So here's the meme.



I asked my Dad "Why didn't he like my meme?"

His response, "I didn't get it."

"What do you mean you didn't get it?"

"I didn't get it.  It went over my head."

"Dad you went to every one of my football games.  What did the cheerleaders scream at each other?"

Dad said, "I don't know."

"They always yelled, "We have spirit!  Yes we do!  We've got spirit!  How bout you?"  I replied.

"I never thought of that.  It went completely over my head."

Okay, I realize my sense of humor is out there.  Maybe this joke would be funny to cheerleaders and football players?  Of course, I have to consider the possibility that it's just not funny.  Maybe I'm not as funny as I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment