Saturday, July 14, 2018

Get Cha' Pull,... This Floyd Rose Right Off Of This Guitar

To understand this post a little better, here's the original post I wrote when I bought this guitar:


I like my Dean Dixie Rebel.  It's surprisingly lightweight, it has an awesome neck profile, and the pickups are awesome.  There is something that I really hate about it.  I don't like using the word, "hate," but I really hate the Floyd Rose tremolo that came on it.  I just can not keep the guitar in tune.

The Floyd Rose that comes standard on it is a "Licensed Floyd Rose" instead of a real one.  It also doesn't have a manufacturer's name on it, so that tells you how generic it is.  The one neat thing about the hardware on the Dixie Rebel is that, it comes in Black Chrome.  You don't see that very often.  


So I start searching the web about a replacement Floyd Rose.  I remember members of the Dean Guitars Forum saying how they really liked the Gotoh tremolos.  After searching Reverb.com I was lucky enough to stumble across a Gotoh Floyd Rose in "Cosmo Black."  I'm guessing "Black Chrome" is trademarked so they couldn't call it that.  But it was the same color.

I took a chance and ordered it, and this is what I received.




It's a perfect color match.  The kit came with posts, springs, and all the little parts.  Luckily, the Gotoh tremolo was a drop in replacement on the Dixie Rebel.  I didn't need to change out any of the other parts.  


There was one problem though.


The Dixie Rebel is a thin bodied guitar so the Floyd Rose stuck out the back too far.  I checked the Gotoh website, and found out they offer this Floyd Rose with smaller block.


So I'm kind of stuck with this for now.




Let me think about this for a bit.  I may get back to you in …. Part 2!!!!  But for the time being the guitar is pretty cool.  It stays in tune much better, and I can do all sorts of Dimebag squealies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment