Thursday, September 21, 2017

Go Truck Myself! Part 2

Back on my birthday I bought my first vehicle in 22 years.  I wrote a pretty good blog about it.

Here is it.  (Part 1.)

Go Truck Myself!

I ended up selling my longtime car, a Ford Focus, to a friend of mine.  Included in the sale was my milk crates with all my car supplies.  Things like oil, brake fluid, anti-freeze, rags, window visor, a screwdriver and other hand tools.  So I needed to replace all of those things.

First up, I needed a toolbox to put everything in.  I found a great deal on Craigslist for a Husky brand toolbox.





Now that I have a toolbox, I can fill it... with tools.  Now comes the fun part.  Time for a trip to AutoZone!!!

First up, I needed to make my truck wheel look classy.  So I bought one of the wheel covers.  I think this one makes my truck look... sophisticated.  


I don't know why they put carpet in trucks.  You know us outdoor guys are just going to get dirt, mud, guts, etc. in the floorboards.  So I bought some heavy duty floormats.  I have to say these have some weight to them.




I couldn't leave AutoZone without buying one of those nice smelling tree thingies.  


I ended up buying a lot of supplies now so if I need them later I will have them with me.


I bought oil, anti-freeze, windshield washer cleaner, bungee chords, chrome cleaner (for my toolbox,) dashboard cleaner, and something I had never bought before, microfiber cloths for my mirrors.


That's what I have so far.  I already had jumper cables and a four way.  I still plan on buying a brush guard.  I'm trying to hunt down a used one for a decent price.  I did buy a new set of tires, and am just waiting for a time slot to open up to have them installed.  

So things are looking up for me.  This of course makes me paranoid that one of these terrible drivers around here will plow into my truck.  I've managed to go 19 years without an accident, and I want my streak to continue.  When I have more work performed on my truck I'll make sure to write a Part 3.  

No comments:

Post a Comment