Saturday, September 2, 2017

Go Truck Myself!

For the last three months I have visited or talked to twelve different auto dealers.  Well, I finally decided on a vehicle.  It's a 2014 Ford F-150 STX.  It is a regular cab/short bed.  And the funny thing is that I found it in the same color as my Mother's Ford Escape, Lightening Blue.

I searched far and wide for the perfect truck.  How wide?  Well, I set Autotrader's search out to 200 miles.  160 miles away in Fort Pierce, Fl. was Arrigo Dodge, and they had this perfect truck for sale.  While most dealers were $3,000 above KBB price, Arrigo actually lowered their price of the truck to $1,000 below KBB value.  So I jumped on that deal.

Let's go to the pictures!


Pretty awesome right?  The funny thing is I hadn't bought a vehicle in 22 years.  That's right.  I bought my Saturn in 1995, and inherited my Grandmother's Ford Focus in 2005.  So I had not bought a vehicle for over two decades.


The STX comes with the side steps and 18 inch tires.  Although, I will have to replace three of them.  One is new, but the other three are only going to be good for another 5,000 miles or so.


This one came with a bedliner so I don't have to worry about adding one.


It also had the receiver for a trailer hitch.  I did have to provide said hitch and hitch pin.


My first vehicle was a 1985 Ford Ranger.  It was pretty burnt out by the time I got it, but I loved that truck.  I was only able to drive it for three years before it was unfixable.  Ever since getting rid of it I have wanted to return to truck ownership, but finances held me back.  So I am glad to own my very own F-150.

Here's an old photo of me with my Ford Ranger.  Remember, it was scanned from an actual photo taken on 9mm film.  It's not a great picture, but it's alright.  It was taken in 1993.


I'm still looking for a toolbox and a brush guard for my F-150.  I'm taking my time to see what good deals are out there.  As I posted earlier, at least I have started my upgrades with the trailer hitch.

The funny thing was I actually managed to buy the truck on my birthday.  Weird, right?  I didn't plan it that way, but the deal was too good to pass up.  Especially when the truck comes standard equipped with Sirius XM radio.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome truck ya got there dude. :) I owned a white Ford Ranger back in 2006. :] Love Ford Trucks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is certainly a great blog post, surely i would like to read more about this topic. white ford f150

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there are parts 2 and 3.

      Part 2:

      http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2017/09/go-truck-myself-part-2.html

      Delete
    2. Part 3:

      http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2017/11/go-truck-myself-part-3-urban-warfare.html

      Delete