Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Broken Amp Day, Part 3

Part 1:  http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-broken-amp-day.html

Part 2:  http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-broken-amp-day-part-2.html

I am on an online forum, the Dean Guitars Forum, that has a lot of guys with great information on guitars and amps.  One of the members made a suggestion that I check the fuse on the board of the Laney Amp.  I hadn't thought about that.  I knew it had two fuses on the back, but it actually does have one on the board.  When I looked at it, I could see that it was visibly burnt out. 

That actually means good news.  It means that the reason the amp was powering on and not having any sound come out of it was the fuse.  And fuses are cheaper than a lot of other things that could have been wrong with it.  So the cost of getting this amp back up and running could be somewhat affordable. 

Here's the picture of the replacement fuse.


Something I also had to do was replace the screws on the top vent.  Since the old ones where stripped they needed to go.  I decided to spruce it up with brass screws.  I kind of dig them.


My next step will most likely be the tubes.  Although I am still looking out for good deals on the feet, handle, and grill mesh.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment