Friday, April 13, 2012

I Am A Terrible Painter, Part 2

I have come to terms with being a terrible painter.  However, something strange has happened.  I started a painting, and I liked it.  And then, nothing.  I don't know where to go from here.  Here's the painting.



As you can see it's another coral reef painting.  I have a pretty good start on it.  All the coral has come out looking really good.  

However, I have no idea where to go from here.  Do I need more coral?  Do I need fish or critters?  If so, what kind of fish or critters?  Do I need to break up the background more?  Do I need to use what I have as the background, and paint things over it?  I have no idea.  

I wish I could get an opinion from my former girlfriend who really taught me how to paint.  She would know where to go from here.  Unfortunately, she's not talking to me going on now.... about 2 years.  So that's out of the question.  

I will continue my painting.  I'm not sure where to go, but I will finish this one.  Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment