Thursday, March 24, 2011

Adrian, 80% Vegetarian

Yes, it's true.  Since the gall bladder operation I have had to be very careful on what I eat.  I am still avoiding raw sugar products like colas, sweet iced tea, cookies, cake, pie, and ice cream.  However, I have also cut my fats down as well.  In particular, fatty meats.  Since I don't have the bile to break down fatty meats the way I used to, I have had to change my diet. 

First and foremost, I have been eating a lot more raw fruits and vegetables.  I think I have eaten a salad every single day since I have gotten out of the hospital.  I have also changed over to eating rye bread instead of white bread.  When I do eat meat it has been grilled meat that has had the fat really cooked out of it. 

So the first big question, has it worked?  Yes.  Without a doubt.  I won't go into too much detail, but I have had no heartburn, indigestion, or other stomach problems.  None what-so-ever.  The only thing I have run into is that, I can't eat as much as I used to.  I still think that is due to me not eating any solid foods for six straight days. 

Then there is big question number two, have I lost any weight?  Yes.  Due to drinking so much water my weight flucuates, but I have been between 200 and 203 pounds.  I am more than happy with that.  When I started to lose weight my goal was 212 pounds.  That was my high school weight when not playing football.  Then I got down to 212, so I said 205.  Then I hit 205, and said let me try for 199.  So I am getting there little by little.  I just think I need to get some more walking in. 

I have been in a bit of pain as of late.  Ever since Dr. MacAllistar put the silver nitrate in my wound I have had a lot more pain than usual.  All the nerves are reconnecting.  Due to that I am getting all sorts of weird feelings.  I get inching, tickling, and pain in and around my wound (chest vagina.)  So the last three days it's been tough for me to get moving. 

But I will continue my new and improved healthy ways.  I figure it is the one reason that I have been healing and recovering as well as I have been.  I also feel much better than I thought I would.  I still have to take it easy, and I have to take it day by day, but I am healing a more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment