Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Kodocrome

My camera died a few weeks ago.  I know photographers like to crap on Fuji-Film cameras, but I really liked mine.  It was simple and had all the settings I needed.  But first the flash went.  Then the action button managed to get stuck.  After that, it just died.  So I went on a search for a new camera.

I wanted another Fuji-Film, but my last two cameras were Fuji-Film cameras, and they didn't last as long as I thought they should.  Especially considering the cost.  So I asked my cousin, who is a photographer, what kind of camera should I buy?  He told me for what I needed I should stick with a Canon or Nikon.

I looked at models of both, and the Canon reminded me closest of the Fuji-Film set-up.  So I sent a link of a model I was interested in to my cousin.  He looked over the specs, and said it was perfect.  So I bought it.  The model's official name is the: Canon Powershot SX510 HS 12.1 MP 30x Optical Zoom Digital Camera.



Here's the hi-lights:

    • 12.1 megapixel sensor
    • 30x optical zoom (24-720mm equivalent focal length)
    • HD video recording in 1080p24
    • f3.4-5.8 max aperture range
    • 3" screen
    • Uses SD memory cards

I received the camera today, and took a few test photos out in the backyard.  I have to say, they turned out great.








All of these shots were taken from a pretty good distance.  So I have to say I am impressed with the quality of the shots.  For them to be this clear really surprises me.  But again, I've never had a camera like this.  I know it's not a $2,000 camera, but it's perfect for me.  In fact, it's more camera than I'll ever need.  The only thing left to do is figure out how the movie camera controls work.

No comments:

Post a Comment