Friday, April 21, 2017

Hats Off!

A week ago I posted something on a Facebook timeline of a friend (who will be called "G".)  It was a funny meme about 21 Pilots, a band that a common friend of ours (who will be called "C") likes.  Anyway, G shared the post with C, and his response was, "What the fuck?"

Here's the meme:

So here's the thing, I was making fun of C's taste in music.  However, he happens to wear a hat that looks a bit like the one above.  After seeing that meme he didn't wear his usual hat the rest of the week.

I feel terrible.  I mean, all the guys there at Erwin really bust each other's balls pretty hard.  But, I think I really hurt C's feelings on that one.  I apologized to him today.  He told me he thought it was kind of the usual stuff we say to each other.  But that doesn't change the fact he didn't wear his usual hat for a week. 

I'll be honest, I really don't know where to draw the line when busting chops.  It's kind of like the time I made a "camel" joke to a fellow student who is from the Middle East.  I wrote about it here:

http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2016/11/one-hump-or-two.html

I was told I went too far with that joke by some people.  However, some said it was "the usual kind" of stuff we say to each other.  I know my interpersonal skills aren't the best, and this has always been an area of concern for me.  Where is the line?  I'll just have to keep working on it.  You know, take it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment