Monday, June 29, 2015

The Greatest Insult And A Turn To The Dark Side

Believe it or not, I do my homework before I write a post.  I gather the pictures I want for it.  I look into information relevant to my blog story.  This post was supposed to rather lighthearted and funny in a juvenile way.  However, as I was looking for information, I found something that took this story in a very different direction.  Let me start at the beginning.

This blog post was originally going to be about the greatest insult I ever directed at someone.  It was simply going to be called, "The Greatest Insult I Ever Hurled."  Frankly, it's about this kid that annoyed everyone.  He always had to try be the center of attention even though he was so damn uncool.  He acted tough, but would never throw a punch, even to defend himself.  I have, honestly, never met another person like this in my life.  Even the adults hated this kid. 

Here's a true story.  One adult had heard so much about this kid, that he specifically kept an eye on him when a group of us kids were together, just to see what the other adults and kids were talking about.  He told me that after watching him, he now understood what everyone meant.  Namely that this kid brought trouble upon himself.

Now, if you have noticed by now, I have not used his name or even a fake name.  There is a reason for that.  And you will find out why shortly.  I will just use the designation, "----" instead of his real name.  So here's what happened that lead to the greatest insult.

The year was 1992.  "----" thought he was great at everything.  Music, sports, whatever.  Since he was white, and thought he could rap, he was all about Vanilla Ice a few years previous.  Yes, this Vanilla Ice.



"----" was running his mouth again and said something incredibly stupid. 

Another kid, Mark, asked, "----" have you ever been cool in your life?"

That's when I said, "Oh yes, "----" was cool..... and then Vanilla Ice went out of style."

That's when everyone fell down in laughter for the next minute or two.  The truth is I'm not good at quick comebacks, but this kid made it too easy.  I had heard so much about Vanilla Ice from this kid, that it was like shooting fish in a barrel.  And that's why everyone else thought it was so funny.  They knew exactly what I was talking about.

But what happens to a kid like that?  What becomes of the greatest douche I have ever met?  Well, I looked him up and found that he's a registered sexual offender.  That's right.  He was found guilty of 4th degree felony sexual assault (incapacitated victim.)

I mean, he had a criminal record before that, and I knew about that stuff.  It was minor stuff like driving without a license, giving a false name to an officer, dealing in stolen property.  But he was also found guilty of stalking which is not so minor.  But in looking over all his arrests, it just seems like his behavior has escalated with each arrest.  And I have to wonder all the things he did that he wasn't caught for. 

In the end, I had a lot of mixed feeling on whether I should use his name, a fake name, or initials on this blog.  However, I don't feel like it's my place to play town crier though.  He is listed on the sexual offender website(s.)  So if someone is looking specifically for him, they will find him.  Or if he is in the neighborhood of someone, he will show up in the database.  Frankly, I don't need to add to his misery.  For his entire life he has done nothing but bring misery to himself.  Honestly, he has reaped what he has sewn.

No comments:

Post a Comment