Saturday, May 30, 2015

Flippity Flop

For those who don't live in Florida, I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  It's hot.  And not just 98 during the daytime kind of hot.  Unlike the Northern states, the temperature doesn't let up at night.  I remember one year at summer camp where it was 85 degrees in the middle of the night.  If we were lucky it would dip down to 82 degrees some nights.

For reference, I want to bring up the HBO show Dexter.  It took place in Miami.  I know a lot of people think that all the girls running around in tank tops/bikini tops/short shorts and flip flops were just eye candy.  Well, that's how Miami really is.  The girls really dress that way for a reason  It's hot.  Dang hot.  Africa hot.  You have to wear light and small clothing due to how hot it is.  And not just T-shirts and shorts.  A good pair of flip flops are considered daily wear in Florida.  My point being that a good pair of flip flops are not just summer wear, but can be used year round.

Due to how much use my flip flops get, I just wore out my last two pair.  So it was time to get new ones.  Luckily, I managed to snag exactly the kind I wanted that were made by one of my favorite brands, OP or Ocean Pacific.


Back in the late 80's/early 90's surf wear was all the rage, and I really dug Ocean Pacific's clothing.  Back in the 80's I had a few brightly colored shirts of theirs.  So when I spotted this pair of flip flops, I instantly knew I had to have them.  It may take a little while to break them in, but even new, they are really comfy.  I hope to log many miles in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment