Thursday, October 24, 2013

Amateur Handyman: Back Step Man, Part 2

Here's Part 1:  http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2013/10/amateur-handyman-back-step-man.html

So when we last left the back steps this is what they looked like.





So now that the primer was down it was time to paint.  Luckily, a few months ago I got some free paint.  The story of which can be found here:

http://angjellockheart.blogspot.com/2013/05/free-is-for-me.html

So now it was time to put the red paint down.

 
 


When the paint is wet, it almost looks like Mario Andretti red.  It has a touch of orange in it.  Once it dries it starts to look a bit more like Barn red.

I am really happy with the Kiltz 2 primer, in that, it made the red paint so easy to put on.  Since the red paint was in an old can I'm not sure what kind it was, but it was free, so I took a chance.  It's been pretty nice.  Despite it's old age, it went on just fine.  I wish all painting jobs were this easy. 

I know the pictures make it look nice, but in real life it looks great as well.  In fact, it looks so nice it's kind of making the rest of the house look bad.  Will I be put to work on painting the sides of the house?  Only Lili (not her real name) knows for sure.

But I do know this.  I will be painting the front sometime in the future.  Although I am going to have to put up some serious plastic tarps and blankets.  That job may take some time.  So keep an eye out for it. 

1 comment: