Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Who's Knocking At My Door?

I have been trucking on and off for three years.  In all that time, I have never encountered a lot lizard.  For those who don't know a lot lizard is a truck stop prostitute.  Since most truck stops are patrolled, lot lizards are a rare sight.  Most of the time they get on the CB and solicite that way.

And there I was.  I was trying to sleep on a humid and muggy night.  It was cool, but the humidity made it uncomfortable.  It was after midnight when I got a knock on my door.  I looked out and saw nothing.  I then heard another knock.  I looked to the back of the driver's side door and saw two women standing there.  I asked the hard question.... "What?"

They didn't answer.  I then asked "What!!!?"  I just stared at them waiting for them to say something.

One of them finally said, "Can you help us out?"

To which I replied, "No!  I'm trying to sleep."

I then went back to the bunk.  However, it bothered me so much I couldn't get to sleep for over an hour. 

I had never had that happen to me before.  Never.

Then it wasn't just a few days later I was in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  I was actually talking to my Mom on the phone.  (Honestly, I was.)  I heard a knock on my door.  I looked out the window, and there was a woman out there smiling at me.  I thought, "Oh no, not again." 

I just shook my head, and said, "Noooooooo."

It was unfortunate, in that she was a cute thing.  She had no business doing what she was trying to do.  I felt bad for her.

But it kind of blew my mind.  I had never been approached in three years of trucking.  My former trainer Doug said he had only been approached once in 12 years of driving.  And here I get two offers in less than a week.  I was thinking, "These must be tough times we are living in for the girls to be working this hard."

No comments:

Post a Comment