Sunday, October 8, 2017

There's a Fine Line Between Customer Service and Stalking

There's a fine line between good customer service and stalking, and Sweetwater.com doesn't seem to know the difference.  I've ordered a few things from them, and they always call to make sure that my order arrived, and if I was happy about it.  I can understand asking about tubes I've ordered as they can be finicky, but strings?

This last time I ordered a pack of strings. As in, ONE pack of strings. Yes, I ordered one pack of GHS White Bronze strings. 



They called the house.  My family thought I had ordered something important and gave Sweetwater my cell number. They then called my cell number asking if my strings were okay, and if I wanted to order anything else.  I told the salesman I was driving, and couldn't talk.

Okay, let's back that bus up. It's a pack of strings. Okay. It's a $7 pack of strings. They usually work just fine. I can't say I've ever had a pack not work right. And no, I don't want a Gibson Les Paul as an add on sale.

Seriously, I can't order anything without them stalking me, and trying for more add on sales.  One time I hadn't ordered anything in a while, and they called me up asking if I wanted to buy something.  Another time, I was called by the new salesman since my previous one had been promoted.  He wanted to "introduce" himself, and ask if there were any musical instrument purchases I would like to make?

It seems that there's good customer service, and there is stalking, and Sweetwater doesn't seem to know the difference.  Really guys, if I want something I will let you know.  You don't have to stalk me.  It's becoming creepy and unwanted.  Now I know how a stalked woman feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment