Sunday, April 9, 2017

Goddess

There seems to be a Facebook phenomenon I've noticed going around.  I've always known that creepy guys are going to be creepy, but it seems to have hit a level of weirdness.  I'll explain, but so as not to embarrass anyone, I won't use actual names. 

Here's how it starts.  A female friend of mine will post a picture of herself.  It's usually one of the following: 

1.  Eating food.
2.  Hanging out with friends.
3.  Showing a picture of them with new clothes or hairstyle.

The replies then go something like this.

(Best female friend.)  OMG LOL.

(2nd friend.)  That looks (like one of the following):  1.  Like fun.  2.  Great.  3.  Good on you.

(Me.)  Awesome!

(4th friend.)  We had so much fun!

(Random creepy guy.)  Goddess.


That's when I'm like, "What?"  I'm also thinking:


Other noted replies from random creepy guy are one of the following.

1.  Goddess.  (As noted earlier.)
2.  GODDESS  (All caps with no punctuation.)
3.  Your a goddess  (It's never "You're."  It's always misspelled.)
4.  Yer a goddess  (Again, spelled wrong with no period at the end.) 

What I just don't understand is that it's usually an average, everyday picture.  I'm not talking about photos of women in swimsuits or club wear.  It's always a picture of an average day.  Everyone is being polite with their comments, and then, "BOOM!"  Out of nowhere comes creepy guy with the "Goddess" comment. 

I've always known there have been creepy guys.  Yes, they existed way before Facebook.  It just seems that hiding behind the computer has brought out a new kind of creepy guy.  As I've gotten older I've really noticed how men treat women, and I don't really like it.  I'm not talking about being old-fashioned.  I'm talking about just treating someone decently. 

Every time I see the "Goddess" comment the hair on my arms stand up.  It just seems very sinister.  Like a very twisted and demented person is trying to cover up their own sickness by posting an over the top compliment. 

I do hope that a few female friends of mine read this.  That way, they know to be a bit on cautious side the next time someone posts the "Goddess" comment on one of their photos.  They will know not to "LOL" or "OMG" or even give any response to that kind of comment.  They can reevaluate why that person is on their friends list.

No comments:

Post a Comment