Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Long Finned Zebra Danios and Mike Nugget, The Pleco Hide And Seek Champion

My last Gold Gourami passed away last week.  I didn't want to add any more fish to the tank with her still in it.  Namely, since I wanted to change the tank over to Angelfish, I didn't want them fighting.  I know they are "supposed" to get along together, but I had Gouramis fighting each other.  I wasn't about to add other fish to the mix.

So today I decided to buy some Zebra Danios.  I know they're not Angelfish, but I have a method to my madness.  After giving my tank a good cleaning, I needed to reestablish my good bacteria.  I also wanted to have some fish to go along with the Angelfish I will be getting in a few weeks.  Danios are great since they are off the minnow line, and aren't fin-pickers like some other "community" fish.

But as life is fickle, things didn't exactly go my way.  You see, they didn't have any of the cheap Zebra Danios.  They had the prettier, more expensive Long Finned Zebra Danios.  So I decided to buy three of them.  They have quite a bit of room in my 46 gallon bow-front Eurotank. 

I tried to get some nice pictures of them, but dang, they are fast.  They just won't slow down for me to take a picture. 




Trust me, they are a lot prettier in person than they are on in the photos.

Also in the tank is Big Joe the Sixth.  Joe don't care.  He's just been hanging out there for 12 years or so.


Even though I gave the tank a good cleaning last week, I couldn't find Mike Nugget, the Gold Nugget Pleco.  In fact, I hadn't seen him for over two weeks.  I thought he had passed away, but today I found him.  I have to give him credit.  He is the Pleco hide and seek champion. 

Here's the only pictures I could get of him.  Look directly in the middle of the photo.  He's hiding between the rock and the glass of the aquarium.  If you see the yellow polka dots, that's him.  Like I said, he's good.



So that's the exciting fish tank news for the day.  In two weeks or so I should have some new Angelfish to show off.  They will be the classic Marble Angelfish.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment