Monday, March 2, 2015

If I Had A Hammer

So the other day my Dad and I were coming back from the city dump.  We had just gotten rid of some old wooden fences.  We were about two miles from home, and stopped at a red light when Dad noticed something.  A hammer lying in the middle of the road.  It kind of looked like this:




It turns out it is a very worn, very used Estwing 22 oz. framing hammer.  They sell them at Sears.

http://www.sears.com/estwing-22-oz-framing-hammer/p-00938366000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kpid=00938366000&kispla=00938366000P&kpid=00938366000&mktRedirect=y

It must have been in the back of a work truck.  When the truck went around the corner it must have fallen out and into the street. 

I would like to give it back to the person who lost it, but I'm afraid if I posted it in the lost/found section of Craigslist a bunch of nuts/liars would come out of the woodwork claiming it to be theirs.

It's not a cheap hammer by any means.  As you can tell from the pictures it is well used.  So I decided to put it with some other tools so it will be happy and not alone like it was in the street. 

What's funny is that just a year or so ago my Grandmother gave me my Grandfather's hammer that looks a lot like this one.  I mean it, they are like twin hammers.  So now I have two hammers. 

It just occurred to me that I am "that guy" who got something that "fell off of a truck."  Funny how the world works.

No comments:

Post a Comment