Monday, August 22, 2011

Adrian Visits Rock City Gardens, Part 2

I will continue my trip through Rock City Gardens from my previous post.

Next up was something really neat.  Rock City had dual bridges.  Look at the pictures and I'm sure you will understand why.



First up was the Swing-a-long Bridge.  If you remember the bridge at the end of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom," well, it was kind of like that.  But before that they had a nice little pavilion where you could rest.  It was built right into the rock.


More signage.


Here's the view from Swing-a-long Bridge.







Here are some pictures of Swing-a-long Bridge from the side. 



If you don't have the stones to cross Swing-a-long bridge, you can always walk across Stone Bridge.  It's a lot more stable.


Lover's Leap is quite a sight.  It's perfect for picture taking.


Lover's Leap was carved out by High Falls Waterfall.  Again, it's perfect for picture taking.




Here's the view from Lover's Leap.




There's a courtyard up on the top of Lover's Leap.  It's called Seven State Flags Courtyard.  There have been seven flags that have been posted on top of Lookout Mountain over it's lifetime.



For the brave, young, or those with a stronger back than me, there is a climbing wall.



This is one of my favorite pictures that I took.  On the side of the path was a flowerbed of Black Eyed Susans.  Again, I personally think that this is one of the better pictures that I took.



Tortoise Shell Rock.  Again, I wonder how it got its name.



This part of the path is called Fat Man's Squeeze.  Yes, it really is.  I'm kind of glad I lost some weight because I'm not sure I would have fit through otherwise.  It is definately not wheelchair accessable. 



This is the view of Stone Arch Bridge.



More to come in "Adrian Visits Rock City Gardens, Part 3."

No comments:

Post a Comment