Monday, July 4, 2011

Snow In The Summer

This has been one strange year weather-wise.  Due to the strange weather patterns this past winter we have a ton of snowfall and pack-ice.  As I drive across I-80 the rivers, streams and ponds are just filled to the brim with water.  Even in the deserts out West, the rivers are just amazing to watch.  But the funniest thing I've seen?  Well that would be snow on the mountains of California.... in July.  That's right.  There was still snow on the mountains despite it being warm in the valleys.  To have it be July, and still see snow covered mountains was just amazing.  But I wouldn't leave my readers without photographic evidence.  Here's the pictures:








These pictures were taken on July 1, 2011 in Nevada County, California.  They may not be the best pictures, but they are pretty good for trying to drive a semi, and snap photos at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment